Just a quick note to say I will be giving a talk on the right of restitution in two weeks at the Stockholm Center for International Law and Justice. Any TN readers locally-based or passing through are welcome to join!
A blog on:
-housing, land and property (HLP) issues
-human rights law and humanitarian policy
-transitional justice and rule of law
-early recovery and development
-self-determination and minority rights.
Open and notorious since February 2010.
Suggested citation: Author's Name, "Name of Post", TerraNullius Weblog (posted on [date]), available at [URL], accessed on [date].
Antipodean caveat: The author does not condone imperialist land-grabbing under cover of obscure latin phrases.
- “Endorois decision” update – Kenyan task force appointed
- Upcoming discussion of restitution at Stockholm University
- “The Endorois decision” – Four years on, the Endorois still await action by the Government of Kenya
- Scotland chooses a bird in the hand
- Controversial World Bank safeguard policies rewrite goes to consultations
Recent Posts (roll over for more info)
October 2014 S M T W T F S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- @WilliamsJon Maybe. I'm not sure about the alternatives though. 1 week ago
- "Endorois decision" update - Kenyan task force appointed wp.me/pNZgJ-14N 3 weeks ago
- RT @DanielKral1: Excellent piece on the political & economic development of post-communist #Russia: ecfr.eu/content/entry/… via @ecfr 3 weeks ago
- Upcoming discussion of restitution at Stockholm University wp.me/pNZgJ-14J 3 weeks ago
- “The Endorois decision” - Four years on, the Endorois still await action by the Government of Kenya wp.me/pNZgJ-14G 4 weeks ago
Tagsaccess to justice ACHPR adjudication admin Africa agriculture Arab Spring Azerbaijan Bolivia bosnia Brookings Cambodia Chile China climate change coe Colombia compensation croatia customary law Cyprus democracy development DID disaster durable solutions ECHR Egypt EU europe FAO forced evictions forest management gender georgia Haiti hlp housing humanitarian aid humanitarian response human rights IDI IDMC IDPs indigenous groups informal settlements Iraq Israel Kenya kosovo Kyrgyzstan land-grabbing land-rush land disputes land reform land rights Liberia Libya local integration MENA minorities natural resources partition pastoralists peacebuilding Pinheiro Principles protracted displacement reconstruction refugees reparations resettlement restitution return rule of law Russia self-determination Serbia shelter state land Sudan Sweden Syria tenure security transitional justice turkey Ukraine UN UNHCR USA World Bank
- 75,550 hits
- The African Commission "Endorois Case" - Toward a Global Doctrine of Customary Tenure?
- Tracking aid in Cambodia: Monitoring the resettlement impacts of the Railways Rehabilitation Project
- Upcoming guest posting on the World Bank and 'villageization' in Ethiopia
- About Rhodri C. Williams
- Coping with the realities of climate displacement: The Peninsular Principles
- Land reform in Colombia: One step forward, two steps back
- What Rights? Comparing developing countries’ national legislation on community forest tenure rights
- The World Bank must stop underwriting human rights abuses in Ethiopia
- Land, property and displacement in post-revolution Libya
- Post-conflict property restitution in Kosovo: A continuing challenge