Just a quick note to say I will be giving a talk on the right of restitution in two weeks at the Stockholm Center for International Law and Justice. Any TN readers locally-based or passing through are welcome to join!
A blog on:
-housing, land and property (HLP) issues
-human rights law and humanitarian policy
-transitional justice and rule of law
-early recovery and development
-self-determination and minority rights.
Open and notorious since February 2010.
Suggested citation: Author's Name, "Name of Post", TerraNullius Weblog (posted on [date]), available at [URL], accessed on [date].
Antipodean caveat: The author does not condone imperialist land-grabbing under cover of obscure latin phrases.
- New book review on “the Åland example”: Balancing engagement and exclusion in autonomy regimes
- Rest in peace Mohamed Al-Sweii
- “Endorois decision” update – Kenyan task force appointed
- Upcoming discussion of restitution at Stockholm University
- “The Endorois decision” – Four years on, the Endorois still await action by the Government of Kenya
Recent Posts (roll over for more info)
- New book review on “the Åland example”: Balancing engagement and exclusion in autonomy regimes wp.me/pNZgJ-14Z 4 days ago
- Rest in peace Mohamed Al-Sweii wp.me/pNZgJ-14U 2 weeks ago
- @iyad_elbaghdadi What it is now doesn't change what it was then, nor need it determine what it will be. 3 weeks ago
- @WilliamsJon Maybe. I'm not sure about the alternatives though. 1 month ago
- "Endorois decision" update - Kenyan task force appointed wp.me/pNZgJ-14N 1 month ago
Tagsaccess to justice ACHPR adjudication admin Africa agriculture Arab Spring Azerbaijan Bolivia bosnia Brookings Cambodia Chile China climate change coe Colombia compensation croatia customary law Cyprus democracy development DID disaster durable solutions ECHR Egypt EU europe FAO forced evictions forest management gender georgia Haiti hlp housing humanitarian aid humanitarian response human rights IDI IDMC IDPs indigenous groups informal settlements Iraq Israel Kenya kosovo Kyrgyzstan land-grabbing land-rush land disputes land reform land rights Liberia Libya local integration MENA minorities natural resources partition pastoralists peacebuilding Pinheiro Principles protracted displacement reconstruction refugees reparations resettlement restitution return rule of law Russia self-determination Serbia shelter state land Sudan Sweden Syria tenure security transitional justice turkey Ukraine UN UNHCR USA World Bank
- 76,821 hits
- Annual double-taxation-without-representation time rolls around for US citizens abroad
- The Human Rights Advisory Panel holds the UN in Kosovo responsible for failing to investigate forced disappearances – too little, too late?
- A roundup of international law debates
- Housing, land and property issues obstruct integration of IDPs in protracted displacement
- Defining communities in Colombia: the Afro-descendant communities of Curvaradó and Jiguamiandó and communal land rights
- Addressing systemic obstacles to restitution in Kosovo: Legal aid as a fact finding tool
- Someday, none of this will be yours: the predatory state eyes 'public' land
- Cambodia: Resolution of Boeung Kak Lake dispute in sight
- Land and Post-Conflict Peacebuilding: Customary governance, property rights, and state building in Afghanistan
- Why land matters for mine action