Just a quick note to say I will be giving a talk on the right of restitution in two weeks at the Stockholm Center for International Law and Justice. Any TN readers locally-based or passing through are welcome to join!
A blog on:
-housing, land and property (HLP) issues
-human rights law and humanitarian policy
-transitional justice and rule of law
-early recovery and development
-self-determination and minority rights.
Open and notorious since February 2010.
Suggested citation: Author's Name, "Name of Post", TerraNullius Weblog (posted on [date]), available at [URL], accessed on [date].
Antipodean caveat: The author does not condone imperialist land-grabbing under cover of obscure latin phrases.
- New book review on “the Åland example”: Balancing engagement and exclusion in autonomy regimes
- Rest in peace Mohamed Al-Sweii
- “Endorois decision” update – Kenyan task force appointed
- Upcoming discussion of restitution at Stockholm University
- “The Endorois decision” – Four years on, the Endorois still await action by the Government of Kenya
Recent Posts (roll over for more info)
December 2014 S M T W T F S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Thanks to @NenadMemic for the reminder that a new generation is coming up in Bosnia that has found ways to cope - radiosarajevo.ba/mobile/novost/… 6 days ago
- Why can't they stop whining about the past and get on with it? Guardian, definitively, on why the Greeks can't. theguardian.com/world/2014/nov… 2 weeks ago
- New book review on “the Åland example”: Balancing engagement and exclusion in autonomy regimes wp.me/pNZgJ-14Z 1 month ago
- Rest in peace Mohamed Al-Sweii wp.me/pNZgJ-14U 1 month ago
- @iyad_elbaghdadi What it is now doesn't change what it was then, nor need it determine what it will be. 1 month ago
Tagsaccess to justice ACHPR adjudication admin Africa agriculture Arab Spring Azerbaijan Bolivia bosnia Brookings Cambodia Chile China climate change coe Colombia compensation croatia customary law Cyprus democracy development DID disaster durable solutions ECHR Egypt EU europe FAO forced evictions forest management gender georgia Haiti hlp housing humanitarian aid humanitarian response human rights IDI IDMC IDPs indigenous groups informal settlements Iraq Israel Kenya kosovo Kyrgyzstan land-grabbing land-rush land disputes land reform land rights Liberia Libya local integration MENA minorities natural resources partition pastoralists peacebuilding Pinheiro Principles protracted displacement reconstruction refugees reparations resettlement restitution return rule of law Russia self-determination Serbia shelter state land Sudan Sweden Syria tenure security transitional justice turkey Ukraine UN UNHCR USA World Bank
- 77,772 hits
- 2011-12 NRC Consultancy on the HLP rights of women IDPs in Iraq
- Blood, soil and cinnamon buns
- Land grabs jeopardize peace in Sri Lanka
- The African Commission "Endorois Case" - Toward a Global Doctrine of Customary Tenure?
- Politics as land disputes by other means? Kenya braces itself for elections (updated)
- The World Bank struggles with its resettlement policy in Cambodia
- Report on property issues and displacement in Libya for UNHCR
- The Body Shop drops Colombian palm oil supplier for alleged land grabbing
- Available land? The Economist special report on global food security
- “The Endorois decision” - Four years on, the Endorois still await action by the Government of Kenya