Just a quick note to say I will be giving a talk on the right of restitution in two weeks at the Stockholm Center for International Law and Justice. Any TN readers locally-based or passing through are welcome to join!
A blog on:
-housing, land and property (HLP) issues
-human rights law and humanitarian policy
-transitional justice and rule of law
-early recovery and development
-self-determination and minority rights.
Open and notorious since February 2010.
Suggested citation: Author's Name, "Name of Post", TerraNullius Weblog (posted on [date]), available at [URL], accessed on [date].
Antipodean caveat: The author does not condone imperialist land-grabbing under cover of obscure latin phrases.
- “Endorois decision” update – Kenyan task force appointed
- Upcoming discussion of restitution at Stockholm University
- “The Endorois decision” – Four years on, the Endorois still await action by the Government of Kenya
- Scotland chooses a bird in the hand
- Controversial World Bank safeguard policies rewrite goes to consultations
Recent Posts (roll over for more info)
October 2014 S M T W T F S « Sep 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- @iyad_elbaghdadi What it is now doesn't change what it was then, nor need it determine what it will be. 4 days ago
- @WilliamsJon Maybe. I'm not sure about the alternatives though. 2 weeks ago
- "Endorois decision" update - Kenyan task force appointed wp.me/pNZgJ-14N 1 month ago
- RT @DanielKral1: Excellent piece on the political & economic development of post-communist #Russia: ecfr.eu/content/entry/… via @ecfr 1 month ago
- Upcoming discussion of restitution at Stockholm University wp.me/pNZgJ-14J 1 month ago
Tagsaccess to justice ACHPR adjudication admin Africa agriculture Arab Spring Azerbaijan Bolivia bosnia Brookings Cambodia Chile China climate change coe Colombia compensation croatia customary law Cyprus democracy development DID disaster durable solutions ECHR Egypt EU europe FAO forced evictions forest management gender georgia Haiti hlp housing humanitarian aid humanitarian response human rights IDI IDMC IDPs indigenous groups informal settlements Iraq Israel Kenya kosovo Kyrgyzstan land-grabbing land-rush land disputes land reform land rights Liberia Libya local integration MENA minorities natural resources partition pastoralists peacebuilding Pinheiro Principles protracted displacement reconstruction refugees reparations resettlement restitution return rule of law Russia self-determination Serbia shelter state land Sudan Sweden Syria tenure security transitional justice turkey Ukraine UN UNHCR USA World Bank
- 75,753 hits
- Land grabs jeopardize peace in Sri Lanka
- Guest-posting at Opinio Juris - Åland and Crimea as distant cousins
- Report on property issues and displacement in Libya for UNHCR
- Land and Post-Conflict Peacebuilding: The Peace Deal for Mindanao and its lessons for practitioners of environmental peacebuilding
- The African Commission "Endorois Case" - Toward a Global Doctrine of Customary Tenure?
- News from Bosnia - ECtHR Dokic decision and guest blogger Massimo Moratti's view from the field
- About Rhodri C. Williams
- What can indigenous peoples learn from the Åland Islands land acquisition regime?
- Pinheiro and the political philosophers: Achieving justice through post-conflict property restitution
- Terra Nullius no more - Australia approaches constitutional recognition of its indigenous population