Apologies to my readers for a recent gap in postings! I’ve been caught up in the ongoing USIP Land and Conflict training, but have a number of interesting items in the pipeline. First up is a guest-posting by Esteban Leon of UN Habitat. Esteban is very active in current efforts by the Cluster Working Group on Early Recovery in Geneva to develop better guidance to the field on land issues in conflict and disaster settings. In his post, Esteban will be introducing a new guidance on land and natural disasters that was recently finalized and published on UN Habitat’s disaster assessment portal. The guidance provides important insights on approaching this complex issue and comes at a timely moment in light of the steady march of both spectacular and mundane disasters across this season’s headlines.
A blog on:
-housing, land and property (HLP) issues
-human rights law and humanitarian policy
-transitional justice and rule of law
-early recovery and development
-self-determination and minority rights.
Open and notorious since February 2010.
Suggested citation: Author's Name, "Name of Post", TerraNullius Weblog (posted on [date]), available at [URL], accessed on [date].
Antipodean caveat: The author does not condone imperialist land-grabbing under cover of obscure latin phrases.
- Lost in transition – EU financed legal aid programme between Serbia and Kosovo falters
- Sargsyan and Chiragov: The Strasbourg Court takes aim at frozen conflicts?
- Context really is everything
- TN takes a sabbatical at six
- Property issues in Libya: A reminder that the road to sustainable peace still goes via root causes
Recent Posts (roll over for more info)
- As a son of Cincinnati (well ... Northern Kentucky) this does my heart good. twitter.com/LibyaLiberty/s… 1 year ago
- Great privilege to work with @EHRAC_hq and @PhilipLeach5 on Nagorno Karabakh restitution cases: ehrac.org.uk/news/ehrac-rul… 1 year ago
- Lost in transition – EU financed legal aid programme between Serbia and Kosovo falters terra0nullius.wordpress.com/2016/08/29/los… 1 year ago
- Sargsyan and Chiragov: The Strasbourg Court takes aim at frozen conflicts? terra0nullius.wordpress.com/2016/05/30/sar… 1 year ago
- Context really is everything terra0nullius.wordpress.com/2016/02/29/con… https://t.co/fCp0JnvE8U 2 years ago
Tagsaccess to justice ACHPR adjudication admin Africa agriculture Arab Spring Azerbaijan Bolivia bosnia Brookings Cambodia Chile China climate change coe Colombia compensation croatia customary law Cyprus democracy development DID disaster durable solutions ECHR Egypt EU europe FAO forced evictions forest management gender georgia Haiti hlp housing humanitarian aid humanitarian response human rights IDI IDMC IDPs indigenous groups informal settlements Iraq Israel Kenya kosovo Kyrgyzstan land-grabbing land-rush land disputes land reform land rights Liberia Libya local integration MENA minorities natural resources NRC partition pastoralists peacebuilding Pinheiro Principles protracted displacement reconstruction refugees reparations resettlement restitution return rule of law Russia self-determination Serbia shelter state land Sudan Sweden Syria tenure security transitional justice Ukraine UN UNHCR USA World Bank
- 95,194 hits
- Note on ECtHR Decision in Demopoulos v. Turkey
- Côte d’Ivoire: land reform as a substitute mechanism for restitution to displaced persons
- Land issues at the core of ethnic violence and internal displacement in north-east India
- A roundup of international law debates
- The Economist on land and natural resources in Southeast Asia
- Article on HLP rights and durable solutions in GPC Digest
- The African Commission "Endorois Case" - Toward a Global Doctrine of Customary Tenure?
- Housing, land and property issues central to new Durable Solutions Framework for IDPs
- The Body Shop drops Colombian palm oil supplier for alleged land grabbing