I’m informed that there are still a few spots available for the upcoming 2nd US Institute of Peace Course on Land, Property and Conflict (introduced earlier here). The Course takes place in Washington DC from December 13-16 and costs a reasonable $195 per participant. I have updated the full announcement (available here) to include the draft agenda and would urge TN readers to consider applying!
A blog on:
-housing, land and property (HLP) issues
-human rights law and humanitarian policy
-transitional justice and rule of law
-early recovery and development
-self-determination and minority rights.
Open and notorious since February 2010.
Suggested citation: Author's Name, "Name of Post", TerraNullius Weblog (posted on [date]), available at [URL], accessed on [date].
Antipodean caveat: The author does not condone imperialist land-grabbing under cover of obscure latin phrases.
- Lost in transition – EU financed legal aid programme between Serbia and Kosovo falters
- Sargsyan and Chiragov: The Strasbourg Court takes aim at frozen conflicts?
- Context really is everything
- TN takes a sabbatical at six
- Property issues in Libya: A reminder that the road to sustainable peace still goes via root causes
Recent Posts (roll over for more info)
- @EricGordy What, you never tried a Turkish forebear? Bit thick with bitter sediment for my taste. 2 years ago
- Central America's most important post-conflict success story risks being the latest domino in the new round of Lati… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 years ago
- @troyhitch Bring out ... the harmaceuticals! 2 years ago
- @devonprof @sashazernova @SueWillman @TheLawSociety Context is everything. ijmonitor.org/2013/08/judgin… 2 years ago
- Venezuela, Honduras, Nicaragua. It would be a godawful shame to add Guatemala to the list. twitter.com/ILAC_rebuild/s… 2 years ago
Tagsaccess to justice ACHPR adjudication admin Africa agriculture Arab Spring Azerbaijan Bolivia bosnia Brookings Cambodia Chile China climate change coe Colombia compensation croatia customary law Cyprus democracy development DID disaster durable solutions ECHR Egypt EU europe FAO forced evictions forest management gender georgia Haiti hlp housing humanitarian aid humanitarian response human rights IDI IDMC IDPs indigenous groups informal settlements Iraq Israel Kenya kosovo Kyrgyzstan land-grabbing land-rush land disputes land reform land rights Liberia Libya local integration MENA minorities natural resources NRC partition pastoralists peacebuilding Pinheiro Principles protracted displacement reconstruction refugees reparations resettlement restitution return rule of law Russia self-determination Serbia shelter state land Sudan Sweden Syria tenure security transitional justice Ukraine UN UNHCR USA World Bank
- 102,530 hits