NRC has advertised a one month consultancy working on customary law issues related to land administration and dispute adjudication in South Sudan. This is a very important initiative on NRC’s part and a great opportunity to contribute to the development of informed practice in this highly challenging area. See the ToRs posted in the resource page of this blog. The timeline is quite short, so if you are interested, qualified and available, please contact Laura Cunial (firstname.lastname@example.org) in order to receive the invitation to bid.
A blog on:
-housing, land and property (HLP) issues
-human rights law and humanitarian policy
-transitional justice and rule of law
-early recovery and development
-self-determination and minority rights.
Open and notorious since February 2010.
Suggested citation: Author's Name, "Name of Post", TerraNullius Weblog (posted on [date]), available at [URL], accessed on [date].
Antipodean caveat: The author does not condone imperialist land-grabbing under cover of obscure latin phrases.
- Lost in transition – EU financed legal aid programme between Serbia and Kosovo falters
- Sargsyan and Chiragov: The Strasbourg Court takes aim at frozen conflicts?
- Context really is everything
- TN takes a sabbatical at six
- Property issues in Libya: A reminder that the road to sustainable peace still goes via root causes
Recent Posts (roll over for more info)
- @EricGordy What, you never tried a Turkish forebear? Bit thick with bitter sediment for my taste. 6 months ago
- Central America's most important post-conflict success story risks being the latest domino in the new round of Lati… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 10 months ago
- @troyhitch Bring out ... the harmaceuticals! 1 year ago
- @devonprof @sashazernova @SueWillman @TheLawSociety Context is everything. ijmonitor.org/2013/08/judgin… 1 year ago
- Venezuela, Honduras, Nicaragua. It would be a godawful shame to add Guatemala to the list. twitter.com/ILAC_rebuild/s… 1 year ago
Tagsaccess to justice ACHPR adjudication admin Africa agriculture Arab Spring Azerbaijan Bolivia bosnia Brookings Cambodia Chile China climate change coe Colombia compensation croatia customary law Cyprus democracy development DID disaster durable solutions ECHR Egypt EU europe FAO forced evictions forest management gender georgia Haiti hlp housing humanitarian aid humanitarian response human rights IDI IDMC IDPs indigenous groups informal settlements Iraq Israel Kenya kosovo Kyrgyzstan land-grabbing land-rush land disputes land reform land rights Liberia Libya local integration MENA minorities natural resources NRC partition pastoralists peacebuilding Pinheiro Principles protracted displacement reconstruction refugees reparations resettlement restitution return rule of law Russia self-determination Serbia shelter state land Sudan Sweden Syria tenure security transitional justice Ukraine UN UNHCR USA World Bank
- 99,385 hits