Announcing the first book in a broad inquiry on post-conflict natural resources that I’ve been involved in along with other TN contributors. The project is being run by the Environmental Law Institute together with UNEP and other partners. Today’s first release focuses on high-value natural resources and was edited by Päivi Lujala and Siri Aas Rustad and published with the assistance of the Peace Research Institute Oslo (PRIO). More information in the press release; see also the website for the project. Look out for a volume on land edited by myself and Jon Unruh in the next months…
A blog on:
-housing, land and property (HLP) issues
-human rights law and humanitarian policy
-transitional justice and rule of law
-early recovery and development
-self-determination and minority rights.
Open and notorious since February 2010.
Suggested citation: Author's Name, "Name of Post", TerraNullius Weblog (posted on [date]), available at [URL], accessed on [date].
Antipodean caveat: The author does not condone imperialist land-grabbing under cover of obscure latin phrases.
- Lost in transition – EU financed legal aid programme between Serbia and Kosovo falters
- Sargsyan and Chiragov: The Strasbourg Court takes aim at frozen conflicts?
- Context really is everything
- TN takes a sabbatical at six
- Property issues in Libya: A reminder that the road to sustainable peace still goes via root causes
Recent Posts (roll over for more info)
- @EricGordy That's pretty easy achieved, actually. Didn't really fill an encyclopedia. Definitely a useful mental exercise though! 1 week ago
- I promise a very interesting discussion to all of you in Stockholm or passing through at the time... twitter.com/ILAC_rebuild/s… 1 month ago
- Looking forward to some really interesting discussions next week at #sthlmforum twitter.com/ILAC_rebuild/s… 1 month ago
- For people in my generation who have been working on post-conflict reconstruction issues, imagine a world where Ann… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
- As a son of Cincinnati (well ... Northern Kentucky) this does my heart good. twitter.com/LibyaLiberty/s… 1 year ago
Tagsaccess to justice ACHPR adjudication admin Africa agriculture Arab Spring Azerbaijan Bolivia bosnia Brookings Cambodia Chile China climate change coe Colombia compensation croatia customary law Cyprus democracy development DID disaster durable solutions ECHR Egypt EU europe FAO forced evictions forest management gender georgia Haiti hlp housing humanitarian aid humanitarian response human rights IDI IDMC IDPs indigenous groups informal settlements Iraq Israel Kenya kosovo Kyrgyzstan land-grabbing land-rush land disputes land reform land rights Liberia Libya local integration MENA minorities natural resources NRC partition pastoralists peacebuilding Pinheiro Principles protracted displacement reconstruction refugees reparations resettlement restitution return rule of law Russia self-determination Serbia shelter state land Sudan Sweden Syria tenure security transitional justice Ukraine UN UNHCR USA World Bank
- 96,111 hits
- About Rhodri C. Williams
- Lost in transition - EU financed legal aid programme between Serbia and Kosovo falters
- The African Commission "Endorois Case" - Toward a Global Doctrine of Customary Tenure?
- Note on the UN Register of Damage for the Occupied Palestinian Territory
- Land, power and identity in complex cross-border areas: Eastern DRC
- An inconvenient forum: Thoughts on the Chevron-Ecuador Case
- Empowering communities to document and protect their land claims: A solution to the global land grab?
- TN Archives
- Introducing the Journal of Internal Displacement