Announcing the first book in a broad inquiry on post-conflict natural resources that I’ve been involved in along with other TN contributors. The project is being run by the Environmental Law Institute together with UNEP and other partners. Today’s first release focuses on high-value natural resources and was edited by Päivi Lujala and Siri Aas Rustad and published with the assistance of the Peace Research Institute Oslo (PRIO). More information in the press release; see also the website for the project. Look out for a volume on land edited by myself and Jon Unruh in the next months…
A blog on:
-housing, land and property (HLP) issues
-human rights law and humanitarian policy
-transitional justice and rule of law
-early recovery and development
-self-determination and minority rights.
Open and notorious since February 2010.
Suggested citation: Author's Name, "Name of Post", TerraNullius Weblog (posted on [date]), available at [URL], accessed on [date].
Antipodean caveat: The author does not condone imperialist land-grabbing under cover of obscure latin phrases.
- Lost in transition – EU financed legal aid programme between Serbia and Kosovo falters
- Sargsyan and Chiragov: The Strasbourg Court takes aim at frozen conflicts?
- Context really is everything
- TN takes a sabbatical at six
- Property issues in Libya: A reminder that the road to sustainable peace still goes via root causes
Recent Posts (roll over for more info)
- As a son of Cincinnati (well ... Northern Kentucky) this does my heart good. twitter.com/LibyaLiberty/s… 5 months ago
- Great privilege to work with @EHRAC_hq and @PhilipLeach5 on Nagorno Karabakh restitution cases: ehrac.org.uk/news/ehrac-rul… 8 months ago
- Lost in transition – EU financed legal aid programme between Serbia and Kosovo falters terra0nullius.wordpress.com/2016/08/29/los… 10 months ago
- Sargsyan and Chiragov: The Strasbourg Court takes aim at frozen conflicts? terra0nullius.wordpress.com/2016/05/30/sar… 1 year ago
- Context really is everything terra0nullius.wordpress.com/2016/02/29/con… https://t.co/fCp0JnvE8U 1 year ago
Tagsaccess to justice ACHPR adjudication admin Africa agriculture Arab Spring Azerbaijan Bolivia bosnia Brookings Cambodia Chile China climate change coe Colombia compensation croatia customary law Cyprus democracy development DID disaster durable solutions ECHR Egypt EU europe FAO forced evictions forest management gender georgia Haiti hlp housing humanitarian aid humanitarian response human rights IDI IDMC IDPs indigenous groups informal settlements Iraq Israel Kenya kosovo Kyrgyzstan land-grabbing land-rush land disputes land reform land rights Liberia Libya local integration MENA minorities natural resources NRC partition pastoralists peacebuilding Pinheiro Principles protracted displacement reconstruction refugees reparations resettlement restitution return rule of law Russia self-determination Serbia shelter state land Sudan Sweden Syria tenure security transitional justice Ukraine UN UNHCR USA World Bank
- 92,864 hits
- The Economist on land and natural resources in Southeast Asia
- About Rhodri C. Williams
- Land issues and natural disasters: introducing a new guidance for practitioners
- Vivianna Nyroos
- Iraq updates its approach to former regime-related land and property claims
- Note on ECtHR Decision in Demopoulos v. Turkey
- Land, property and displacement in post-revolution Libya