Many thanks to the many readers, commenters and, most important of all, guest post contributors, who have helped TN grow up over a very short period from a mid-winter whim to a going concern. Especially given the somewhat short of mass market appeal of a blog like this, its been fun to see it take on a life of its own, and I hope next year will bring even more exciting developments. I plan to do a first birthday review in February, but can report that TN has received over 10,000 hits in its first ten months, signalling a relatively small but devoted audience, by blogosphere standards. Lots of good stuff in the pipeline for early 2011 and I am always interested in more, so please be in touch with comments, pitches for guest-posts or just holiday greetings!
A blog on:
-housing, land and property (HLP) issues
-human rights law and humanitarian policy
-transitional justice and rule of law
-early recovery and development
-self-determination and minority rights.
Open and notorious since February 2010.
Suggested citation: Author's Name, "Name of Post", TerraNullius Weblog (posted on [date]), available at [URL], accessed on [date].
Antipodean caveat: The author does not condone imperialist land-grabbing under cover of obscure latin phrases.
- Lost in transition – EU financed legal aid programme between Serbia and Kosovo falters
- Sargsyan and Chiragov: The Strasbourg Court takes aim at frozen conflicts?
- Context really is everything
- TN takes a sabbatical at six
- Property issues in Libya: A reminder that the road to sustainable peace still goes via root causes
Recent Posts (roll over for more info)
April 2018 S M T W T F S « Aug 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- For people in my generation who have been working on post-conflict reconstruction issues, imagine a world where Ann… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 3 days ago
- As a son of Cincinnati (well ... Northern Kentucky) this does my heart good. twitter.com/LibyaLiberty/s… 1 year ago
- Great privilege to work with @EHRAC_hq and @PhilipLeach5 on Nagorno Karabakh restitution cases: ehrac.org.uk/news/ehrac-rul… 1 year ago
- Lost in transition – EU financed legal aid programme between Serbia and Kosovo falters terra0nullius.wordpress.com/2016/08/29/los… 1 year ago
- Sargsyan and Chiragov: The Strasbourg Court takes aim at frozen conflicts? terra0nullius.wordpress.com/2016/05/30/sar… 1 year ago
Tagsaccess to justice ACHPR adjudication admin Africa agriculture Arab Spring Azerbaijan Bolivia bosnia Brookings Cambodia Chile China climate change coe Colombia compensation croatia customary law Cyprus democracy development DID disaster durable solutions ECHR Egypt EU europe FAO forced evictions forest management gender georgia Haiti hlp housing humanitarian aid humanitarian response human rights IDI IDMC IDPs indigenous groups informal settlements Iraq Israel Kenya kosovo Kyrgyzstan land-grabbing land-rush land disputes land reform land rights Liberia Libya local integration MENA minorities natural resources NRC partition pastoralists peacebuilding Pinheiro Principles protracted displacement reconstruction refugees reparations resettlement restitution return rule of law Russia self-determination Serbia shelter state land Sudan Sweden Syria tenure security transitional justice Ukraine UN UNHCR USA World Bank
- 95,589 hits
- The African Commission "Endorois Case" - Toward a Global Doctrine of Customary Tenure?
- Waking from a dream in Bolivia: The TIPNIS victory that never was
- Chile and the unfinished business of justice and reparation
- The Economist on land and natural resources in Southeast Asia
- Defining communities in Colombia: the Afro-descendant communities of Curvaradó and Jiguamiandó and communal land rights
- Happy Easter - and good on the Serbian Parliament
- Land and Post-Conflict Peacebuilding: The Peace Deal for Mindanao and its lessons for practitioners of environmental peacebuilding
- The Terezin Declaration and new guidelines on inter-generational restitution
- About Rhodri C. Williams
- A roundup of international law debates