Just a quick note to say I will be giving a talk on the right of restitution in two weeks at the Stockholm Center for International Law and Justice. Any TN readers locally-based or passing through are welcome to join!
A blog on:
-housing, land and property (HLP) issues
-human rights law and humanitarian policy
-transitional justice and rule of law
-early recovery and development
-self-determination and minority rights.
Open and notorious since February 2010.
Suggested citation: Author's Name, "Name of Post", TerraNullius Weblog (posted on [date]), available at [URL], accessed on [date].
Antipodean caveat: The author does not condone imperialist land-grabbing under cover of obscure latin phrases.
- Legal precedents for fighting dispossession of land – the Community Land Rights CaseBase
- How quickly a year goes when the international architecture is coming down around your ears
- Article on HLP rights and durable solutions in GPC Digest
- TN mellows out at five
- New book review on “the Åland example”: Balancing engagement and exclusion in autonomy regimes
Recent Posts (roll over for more info)
May 2015 S M T W T F S « Apr 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Post-Constitution, #Tunisia tackles the hard work of turning principles to practice @ILAC_rebuild @zajacsannerholm twitter.com/zajacsannerhol… 1 month ago
- RT @Clocus: #Libya: Whose Land Is It? 16 April w @MaryFitzger @Tmegrisi @Terra0Nullius @anneapplebaum Info: li.com/events/libya-w… http://t.… 1 month ago
- Discussion of land in Libya in London next week... twitter.com/Clocus/status/… 1 month ago
- Legal precedents for fighting dispossession of land - the Community Land Rights CaseBase wp.me/pNZgJ-15N 1 month ago
- @Colombiagruppen @MRFonden @cejil @ILAC_rebuild Thanks for this - it was a privilege to help launch a Swedish transitional justice network 1 month ago
Tagsaccess to justice ACHPR adjudication admin Africa agriculture Arab Spring Azerbaijan Bolivia bosnia Brookings Cambodia Chile China climate change coe Colombia compensation croatia customary law Cyprus democracy development DID disaster durable solutions ECHR Egypt EU europe FAO forced evictions forest management gender georgia Haiti hlp housing humanitarian aid humanitarian response human rights IDI IDMC IDPs indigenous groups informal settlements Iraq Israel Kenya kosovo Kyrgyzstan land-grabbing land-rush land disputes land reform land rights Liberia Libya local integration MENA minorities natural resources NRC partition pastoralists peacebuilding Pinheiro Principles protracted displacement reconstruction refugees reparations resettlement restitution return rule of law Russia self-determination Serbia shelter state land Sudan Sweden Syria tenure security transitional justice Ukraine UN UNHCR USA World Bank
- 81,624 hits
- The African Commission "Endorois Case" - Toward a Global Doctrine of Customary Tenure?
- Look before you legislate? The challenges facing restitution in Libya
- Petition against watering down of World Bank safeguard policies
- Annual double-taxation-without-representation time rolls around for US citizens abroad
- Iraq updates its approach to former regime-related land and property claims
- Revisiting uti possidetis: Is Southern Sudan's referendum scarier if it succeeds?
- In search of a duty-bearer: No remedy for destruction of property during Kosovo's international supervision