Just a quick note to say I will be giving a talk on the right of restitution in two weeks at the Stockholm Center for International Law and Justice. Any TN readers locally-based or passing through are welcome to join!
A blog on:
-housing, land and property (HLP) issues
-human rights law and humanitarian policy
-transitional justice and rule of law
-early recovery and development
-self-determination and minority rights.
Open and notorious since February 2010.
Suggested citation: Author's Name, "Name of Post", TerraNullius Weblog (posted on [date]), available at [URL], accessed on [date].
Antipodean caveat: The author does not condone imperialist land-grabbing under cover of obscure latin phrases.
Recent Posts (roll over for more info)
April 2015 S M T W T F S « Feb 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
- How quickly a year goes wp.me/pNZgJ-15g 1 month ago
- Article on 'HLP rights' and durable solutions in GPC Digest wp.me/pNZgJ-15a 1 month ago
- TN mellows out at five wp.me/pNZgJ-156 1 month ago
- Thanks to @NenadMemic for the reminder that a new generation is coming up in Bosnia that has found ways to cope - radiosarajevo.ba/mobile/novost/… 3 months ago
- Why can't they stop whining about the past and get on with it? Guardian, definitively, on why the Greeks can't. theguardian.com/world/2014/nov… 4 months ago
Tagsaccess to justice ACHPR adjudication admin Africa agriculture Arab Spring Azerbaijan Bolivia bosnia Brookings Cambodia Chile China climate change coe Colombia compensation croatia customary law Cyprus democracy development DID disaster durable solutions ECHR Egypt EU europe FAO forced evictions forest management gender georgia Haiti hlp housing humanitarian aid humanitarian response human rights IDI IDMC IDPs indigenous groups informal settlements Iraq Israel Kenya kosovo Kyrgyzstan land-grabbing land-rush land disputes land reform land rights Liberia Libya local integration MENA minorities natural resources NRC partition pastoralists peacebuilding Pinheiro Principles protracted displacement reconstruction refugees reparations resettlement restitution return rule of law Russia self-determination Serbia shelter state land Sudan Sweden Syria tenure security transitional justice Ukraine UN UNHCR USA World Bank
- 80,160 hits
- The Economist on land and natural resources in Southeast Asia
- Forced urbanization in China moves from practice to policy
- The African Commission "Endorois Case" - Toward a Global Doctrine of Customary Tenure?
- Empowering communities to document and protect their land claims: A solution to the global land grab?
- Note on ECtHR Decision in Demopoulos v. Turkey
- IDMC report: Colombia restitution bill represents significant progress but concerns remain
- About Rhodri C. Williams
- 2012-07 World Bank displacement - Call for cases
- Restitution comes to Hamtramck, Michigan