Just a quick note to say I will be giving a talk on the right of restitution in two weeks at the Stockholm Center for International Law and Justice. Any TN readers locally-based or passing through are welcome to join!
A blog on:
-housing, land and property (HLP) issues
-human rights law and humanitarian policy
-transitional justice and rule of law
-early recovery and development
-self-determination and minority rights.
Open and notorious since February 2010.
Suggested citation: Author's Name, "Name of Post", TerraNullius Weblog (posted on [date]), available at [URL], accessed on [date].
Antipodean caveat: The author does not condone imperialist land-grabbing under cover of obscure latin phrases.
- Property issues in Libya: A reminder that the road to sustainable peace still goes via root causes
- Legal precedents for fighting dispossession of land – the Community Land Rights CaseBase
- How quickly a year goes when the international architecture is coming down around your ears
- Article on HLP rights and durable solutions in GPC Digest
- TN mellows out at five
Recent Posts (roll over for more info)
October 2015 S M T W T F S « May 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- After a trip to Colombia last week, I was expecting this, but its quite another thing to actually see it... twitter.com/OrgsColombia/s… 2 weeks ago
- Property issues in Libya: A reminder that the road to sustainable peace still goes via root causes terra0nullius.wordpress.com/2015/05/31/pro… 4 months ago
- Post-Constitution, #Tunisia tackles the hard work of turning principles to practice @ILAC_rebuild @zajacsannerholm twitter.com/zajacsannerhol… 5 months ago
- RT @Clocus: #Libya: Whose Land Is It? 16 April w @MaryFitzger @Tmegrisi @Terra0Nullius @anneapplebaum Info: li.com/events/libya-w… http://t.… 5 months ago
- Discussion of land in Libya in London next week... twitter.com/Clocus/status/… 6 months ago
Tagsaccess to justice ACHPR adjudication admin Africa agriculture Arab Spring Azerbaijan Bolivia bosnia Brookings Cambodia Chile China climate change coe Colombia compensation croatia customary law Cyprus democracy development DID disaster durable solutions ECHR Egypt EU europe FAO forced evictions forest management gender georgia Haiti hlp housing humanitarian aid humanitarian response human rights IDI IDMC IDPs indigenous groups informal settlements Iraq Israel Kenya kosovo Kyrgyzstan land-grabbing land-rush land disputes land reform land rights Liberia Libya local integration MENA minorities natural resources NRC partition pastoralists peacebuilding Pinheiro Principles protracted displacement reconstruction refugees reparations resettlement restitution return rule of law Russia self-determination Serbia shelter state land Sudan Sweden Syria tenure security transitional justice Ukraine UN UNHCR USA World Bank
- 84,192 hits
- Chris Huggins on the significance of the "Endorois Decision" for Kenya and East Africa
- Iraq updates its approach to former regime-related land and property claims
- The African Commission "Endorois Case" - Toward a Global Doctrine of Customary Tenure?
- Addressing systemic obstacles to restitution in Kosovo: Legal aid as a fact finding tool
- The Economist on land and natural resources in Southeast Asia
- Guest author directory
- Post-conflict property restitution in Kosovo: A continuing challenge
- The World Bank struggles with its resettlement policy in Cambodia
- Beyond restitution: New book explores property rights and durable solutions for the displaced
- About Rhodri C. Williams