Just a quick note to say I will be giving a talk on the right of restitution in two weeks at the Stockholm Center for International Law and Justice. Any TN readers locally-based or passing through are welcome to join!
A blog on:
-housing, land and property (HLP) issues
-human rights law and humanitarian policy
-transitional justice and rule of law
-early recovery and development
-self-determination and minority rights.
Open and notorious since February 2010.
Suggested citation: Author's Name, "Name of Post", TerraNullius Weblog (posted on [date]), available at [URL], accessed on [date].
Antipodean caveat: The author does not condone imperialist land-grabbing under cover of obscure latin phrases.
- Context really is everything
- TN takes a sabbatical at six
- Property issues in Libya: A reminder that the road to sustainable peace still goes via root causes
- Legal precedents for fighting dispossession of land – the Community Land Rights CaseBase
- How quickly a year goes when the international architecture is coming down around your ears
Recent Posts (roll over for more info)
May 2016 S M T W T F S « Feb 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Context really is everything terra0nullius.wordpress.com/2016/02/29/con… https://t.co/fCp0JnvE8U 2 months ago
- TN takes a sabbatical at six terra0nullius.wordpress.com/2016/02/15/tn-… 2 months ago
- After a trip to Colombia last week, I was expecting this, but its quite another thing to actually see it... twitter.com/OrgsColombia/s… 7 months ago
- Property issues in Libya: A reminder that the road to sustainable peace still goes via root causes terra0nullius.wordpress.com/2015/05/31/pro… 11 months ago
- Post-Constitution, #Tunisia tackles the hard work of turning principles to practice @ILAC_rebuild @zajacsannerholm twitter.com/zajacsannerhol… 1 year ago
Tagsaccess to justice ACHPR adjudication admin Africa agriculture Arab Spring Azerbaijan Bolivia bosnia Brookings Cambodia Chile China climate change coe Colombia compensation croatia customary law Cyprus democracy development DID disaster durable solutions ECHR Egypt EU europe FAO forced evictions forest management gender georgia Haiti hlp housing humanitarian aid humanitarian response human rights IDI IDMC IDPs indigenous groups informal settlements Iraq Israel Kenya kosovo Kyrgyzstan land-grabbing land-rush land disputes land reform land rights Liberia Libya local integration MENA minorities natural resources NRC partition pastoralists peacebuilding Pinheiro Principles protracted displacement reconstruction refugees reparations resettlement restitution return rule of law Russia self-determination Serbia shelter state land Sudan Sweden Syria tenure security transitional justice Ukraine UN UNHCR USA World Bank
- 87,486 hits
- The African Commission "Endorois Case" - Toward a Global Doctrine of Customary Tenure?
- An inconvenient forum: Thoughts on the Chevron-Ecuador Case
- The Body Shop drops Colombian palm oil supplier for alleged land grabbing
- Chile and the unfinished business of justice and reparation
- The Economist on land and natural resources in Southeast Asia
- The Human Rights Advisory Panel holds the UN in Kosovo responsible for failing to investigate forced disappearances – too little, too late?
- TN turns four!
- Addressing injustice and managing expectations: Displacement and transitional justice discourses in Northern Uganda
- Iraq updates its approach to former regime-related land and property claims
- The ADB involuntary resettlement policy: Fifteen years on, the poorest still bear the brunt of development