Just a quick note to say I will be giving a talk on the right of restitution in two weeks at the Stockholm Center for International Law and Justice. Any TN readers locally-based or passing through are welcome to join!
A blog on:
-housing, land and property (HLP) issues
-human rights law and humanitarian policy
-transitional justice and rule of law
-early recovery and development
-self-determination and minority rights.
Open and notorious since February 2010.
Suggested citation: Author's Name, "Name of Post", TerraNullius Weblog (posted on [date]), available at [URL], accessed on [date].
Antipodean caveat: The author does not condone imperialist land-grabbing under cover of obscure latin phrases.
- Sargsyan and Chiragov: The Strasbourg Court takes aim at frozen conflicts?
- Context really is everything
- TN takes a sabbatical at six
- Property issues in Libya: A reminder that the road to sustainable peace still goes via root causes
- Legal precedents for fighting dispossession of land – the Community Land Rights CaseBase
Recent Posts (roll over for more info)
July 2016 S M T W T F S « May 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Sargsyan and Chiragov: The Strasbourg Court takes aim at frozen conflicts? terra0nullius.wordpress.com/2016/05/30/sar… 1 month ago
- Context really is everything terra0nullius.wordpress.com/2016/02/29/con… https://t.co/fCp0JnvE8U 4 months ago
- TN takes a sabbatical at six terra0nullius.wordpress.com/2016/02/15/tn-… 5 months ago
- After a trip to Colombia last week, I was expecting this, but its quite another thing to actually see it... twitter.com/OrgsColombia/s… 10 months ago
- Property issues in Libya: A reminder that the road to sustainable peace still goes via root causes terra0nullius.wordpress.com/2015/05/31/pro… 1 year ago
Tagsaccess to justice ACHPR adjudication admin Africa agriculture Arab Spring Azerbaijan Bolivia bosnia Brookings Cambodia Chile China climate change coe Colombia compensation croatia customary law Cyprus democracy development DID disaster durable solutions ECHR Egypt EU europe FAO forced evictions forest management gender georgia Haiti hlp housing humanitarian aid humanitarian response human rights IDI IDMC IDPs indigenous groups informal settlements Iraq Israel Kenya kosovo Kyrgyzstan land-grabbing land-rush land disputes land reform land rights Liberia Libya local integration MENA minorities natural resources NRC partition pastoralists peacebuilding Pinheiro Principles protracted displacement reconstruction refugees reparations resettlement restitution return rule of law Russia self-determination Serbia shelter state land Sudan Sweden Syria tenure security transitional justice Ukraine UN UNHCR USA World Bank
- 88,572 hits
- The Economist on land and natural resources in Southeast Asia
- The ADB involuntary resettlement policy: Fifteen years on, the poorest still bear the brunt of development
- Post-conflict property restitution in Kosovo: A continuing challenge
- Land and Post-Conflict Peacebuilding: The Peace Deal for Mindanao and its lessons for practitioners of environmental peacebuilding
- 2012-05 Open Letter to the World Bank on Cambodia Evictions
- 2011-11 Briefing on land issues in Osh, Kyrgyzstan
- Norwegian Refugee Council releases new Housing, Land and Property training course
- Land and Post-Conflict Peacebuilding: A new global standard for land administration
- Note on ECtHR Decision in Demopoulos v. Turkey
- Guest author guidelines