Just a quick note to say I will be giving a talk on the right of restitution in two weeks at the Stockholm Center for International Law and Justice. Any TN readers locally-based or passing through are welcome to join!
A blog on:
-housing, land and property (HLP) issues
-human rights law and humanitarian policy
-transitional justice and rule of law
-early recovery and development
-self-determination and minority rights.
Open and notorious since February 2010.
Suggested citation: Author's Name, "Name of Post", TerraNullius Weblog (posted on [date]), available at [URL], accessed on [date].
Antipodean caveat: The author does not condone imperialist land-grabbing under cover of obscure latin phrases.
- Lost in transition – EU financed legal aid programme between Serbia and Kosovo falters
- Sargsyan and Chiragov: The Strasbourg Court takes aim at frozen conflicts?
- Context really is everything
- TN takes a sabbatical at six
- Property issues in Libya: A reminder that the road to sustainable peace still goes via root causes
Recent Posts (roll over for more info)
December 2016 S M T W T F S « Aug 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Great privilege to work with @EHRAC_hq and @PhilipLeach5 on Nagorno Karabakh restitution cases: ehrac.org.uk/news/ehrac-rul… 1 month ago
- Lost in transition – EU financed legal aid programme between Serbia and Kosovo falters terra0nullius.wordpress.com/2016/08/29/los… 3 months ago
- Sargsyan and Chiragov: The Strasbourg Court takes aim at frozen conflicts? terra0nullius.wordpress.com/2016/05/30/sar… 6 months ago
- Context really is everything terra0nullius.wordpress.com/2016/02/29/con… https://t.co/fCp0JnvE8U 9 months ago
- TN takes a sabbatical at six terra0nullius.wordpress.com/2016/02/15/tn-… 9 months ago
Tagsaccess to justice ACHPR adjudication admin Africa agriculture Arab Spring Azerbaijan Bolivia bosnia Brookings Cambodia Chile China climate change coe Colombia compensation croatia customary law Cyprus democracy development DID disaster durable solutions ECHR Egypt EU europe FAO forced evictions forest management gender georgia Haiti hlp housing humanitarian aid humanitarian response human rights IDI IDMC IDPs indigenous groups informal settlements Iraq Israel Kenya kosovo Kyrgyzstan land-grabbing land-rush land disputes land reform land rights Liberia Libya local integration MENA minorities natural resources NRC partition pastoralists peacebuilding Pinheiro Principles protracted displacement reconstruction refugees reparations resettlement restitution return rule of law Russia self-determination Serbia shelter state land Sudan Sweden Syria tenure security transitional justice Ukraine UN UNHCR USA World Bank
- 90,430 hits
- Land reform in Colombia: One step forward, two steps back
- The African Commission "Endorois Case" - Toward a Global Doctrine of Customary Tenure?
- An inconvenient forum: Thoughts on the Chevron-Ecuador Case
- The World Bank struggles with its resettlement policy in Cambodia
- Empowering communities to document and protect their land claims: A solution to the global land grab?
- Report on property issues and displacement in Libya for UNHCR
- Supreme Court of Brazil to rule over Quilombo communities’ rights to land – arguments for a protective approach
- The World Bank must stop underwriting human rights abuses in Ethiopia
- Defining communities in Colombia: the Afro-descendant communities of Curvaradó and Jiguamiandó and communal land rights