Just a quick note to say I will be giving a talk on the right of restitution in two weeks at the Stockholm Center for International Law and Justice. Any TN readers locally-based or passing through are welcome to join!
A blog on:
-housing, land and property (HLP) issues
-human rights law and humanitarian policy
-transitional justice and rule of law
-early recovery and development
-self-determination and minority rights.
Open and notorious since February 2010.
Suggested citation: Author's Name, "Name of Post", TerraNullius Weblog (posted on [date]), available at [URL], accessed on [date].
Antipodean caveat: The author does not condone imperialist land-grabbing under cover of obscure latin phrases.
- Legal precedents for fighting dispossession of land – the Community Land Rights CaseBase
- How quickly a year goes when the international architecture is coming down around your ears
- Article on HLP rights and durable solutions in GPC Digest
- TN mellows out at five
- New book review on “the Åland example”: Balancing engagement and exclusion in autonomy regimes
Recent Posts (roll over for more info)
- RT @Clocus: #Libya: Whose Land Is It? 16 April w @MaryFitzger @Tmegrisi @Terra0Nullius @anneapplebaum Info: li.com/events/libya-w… http://t.… 4 days ago
- Discussion of land in Libya in London next week... twitter.com/Clocus/status/… 1 week ago
- Legal precedents for fighting dispossession of land - the Community Land Rights CaseBase wp.me/pNZgJ-15N 1 week ago
- @Colombiagruppen @MRFonden @cejil @ILAC_rebuild Thanks for this - it was a privilege to help launch a Swedish transitional justice network 2 weeks ago
- RT @Colombiagruppen: @MRFonden i samtal med @cejil och svenska organisationer om bildande av ett svensktnätverk för övergångsrättvissa. htt… 2 weeks ago
Tagsaccess to justice ACHPR adjudication admin Africa agriculture Arab Spring Azerbaijan Bolivia bosnia Brookings Cambodia Chile China climate change coe Colombia compensation croatia customary law Cyprus democracy development DID disaster durable solutions ECHR Egypt EU europe FAO forced evictions forest management gender georgia Haiti hlp housing humanitarian aid humanitarian response human rights IDI IDMC IDPs indigenous groups informal settlements Iraq Israel Kenya kosovo Kyrgyzstan land-grabbing land-rush land disputes land reform land rights Liberia Libya local integration MENA minorities natural resources NRC partition pastoralists peacebuilding Pinheiro Principles protracted displacement reconstruction refugees reparations resettlement restitution return rule of law Russia self-determination Serbia shelter state land Sudan Sweden Syria tenure security transitional justice Ukraine UN UNHCR USA World Bank
- 80,698 hits
- Note on ECtHR Decision in Demopoulos v. Turkey
- Note on the UN Register of Damage for the Occupied Palestinian Territory
- Housing, land and property issues central to new Durable Solutions Framework for IDPs
- The African Commission "Endorois Case" - Toward a Global Doctrine of Customary Tenure?
- Annual double-taxation-without-representation time rolls around for US citizens abroad
- Addressing systemic obstacles to restitution in Kosovo: Legal aid as a fact finding tool
- 2011-10 NRC customary law consultancy in South Sudan
- Iraq updates its approach to former regime-related land and property claims
- Land, property and displacement in post-revolution Libya
- Report on property issues and displacement in Libya for UNHCR