Just a quick note to say I will be giving a talk on the right of restitution in two weeks at the Stockholm Center for International Law and Justice. Any TN readers locally-based or passing through are welcome to join!
A blog on:
-housing, land and property (HLP) issues
-human rights law and humanitarian policy
-transitional justice and rule of law
-early recovery and development
-self-determination and minority rights.
Open and notorious since February 2010.
Suggested citation: Author's Name, "Name of Post", TerraNullius Weblog (posted on [date]), available at [URL], accessed on [date].
Antipodean caveat: The author does not condone imperialist land-grabbing under cover of obscure latin phrases.
Recent Posts (roll over for more info)
- How quickly a year goes wp.me/pNZgJ-15g 4 days ago
- Article on 'HLP rights' and durable solutions in GPC Digest wp.me/pNZgJ-15a 1 week ago
- TN mellows out at five wp.me/pNZgJ-156 2 weeks ago
- Thanks to @NenadMemic for the reminder that a new generation is coming up in Bosnia that has found ways to cope - radiosarajevo.ba/mobile/novost/… 2 months ago
- Why can't they stop whining about the past and get on with it? Guardian, definitively, on why the Greeks can't. theguardian.com/world/2014/nov… 2 months ago
Tagsaccess to justice ACHPR adjudication admin Africa agriculture Arab Spring Azerbaijan Bolivia bosnia Brookings Cambodia Chile China climate change coe Colombia compensation croatia customary law Cyprus democracy development DID disaster durable solutions ECHR Egypt EU europe FAO forced evictions forest management gender georgia Haiti hlp housing humanitarian aid humanitarian response human rights IDI IDMC IDPs indigenous groups informal settlements Iraq Israel Kenya kosovo Kyrgyzstan land-grabbing land-rush land disputes land reform land rights Liberia Libya local integration MENA minorities natural resources NRC partition pastoralists peacebuilding Pinheiro Principles protracted displacement reconstruction refugees reparations resettlement restitution return rule of law Russia self-determination Serbia shelter state land Sudan Sweden Syria tenure security transitional justice Ukraine UN UNHCR USA World Bank
- 79,344 hits
- TN mellows out at five
- R.I.P. COHRE?
- Report on property issues and displacement in Libya for UNHCR
- Controversial World Bank safeguard policies rewrite goes to consultations
- Land and Post-Conflict Peacebuilding: The Peace Deal for Mindanao and its lessons for practitioners of environmental peacebuilding
- Land grabs jeopardize peace in Sri Lanka
- Chile and the unfinished business of justice and reparation
- Rest in peace Mohamed Al-Sweii
- How quickly a year goes when the international architecture is coming down around your ears
- Annual double-taxation-without-representation time rolls around for US citizens abroad