Just a quick note to say I will be giving a talk on the right of restitution in two weeks at the Stockholm Center for International Law and Justice. Any TN readers locally-based or passing through are welcome to join!
A blog on:
-housing, land and property (HLP) issues
-human rights law and humanitarian policy
-transitional justice and rule of law
-early recovery and development
-self-determination and minority rights.
Open and notorious since February 2010.
Suggested citation: Author's Name, "Name of Post", TerraNullius Weblog (posted on [date]), available at [URL], accessed on [date].
Antipodean caveat: The author does not condone imperialist land-grabbing under cover of obscure latin phrases.
- Property issues in Libya: A reminder that the road to sustainable peace still goes via root causes
- Legal precedents for fighting dispossession of land – the Community Land Rights CaseBase
- How quickly a year goes when the international architecture is coming down around your ears
- Article on HLP rights and durable solutions in GPC Digest
- TN mellows out at five
Recent Posts (roll over for more info)
July 2015 S M T W T F S « May 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
- Property issues in Libya: A reminder that the road to sustainable peace still goes via root causes terra0nullius.wordpress.com/2015/05/31/pro… 1 month ago
- Post-Constitution, #Tunisia tackles the hard work of turning principles to practice @ILAC_rebuild @zajacsannerholm twitter.com/zajacsannerhol… 2 months ago
- RT @Clocus: #Libya: Whose Land Is It? 16 April w @MaryFitzger @Tmegrisi @Terra0Nullius @anneapplebaum Info: li.com/events/libya-w… http://t.… 2 months ago
- Discussion of land in Libya in London next week... twitter.com/Clocus/status/… 2 months ago
- Legal precedents for fighting dispossession of land - the Community Land Rights CaseBase wp.me/pNZgJ-15N 3 months ago
Tagsaccess to justice ACHPR adjudication admin Africa agriculture Arab Spring Azerbaijan Bolivia bosnia Brookings Cambodia Chile China climate change coe Colombia compensation croatia customary law Cyprus democracy development DID disaster durable solutions ECHR Egypt EU europe FAO forced evictions forest management gender georgia Haiti hlp housing humanitarian aid humanitarian response human rights IDI IDMC IDPs indigenous groups informal settlements Iraq Israel Kenya kosovo Kyrgyzstan land-grabbing land-rush land disputes land reform land rights Liberia Libya local integration MENA minorities natural resources NRC partition pastoralists peacebuilding Pinheiro Principles protracted displacement reconstruction refugees reparations resettlement restitution return rule of law Russia self-determination Serbia shelter state land Sudan Sweden Syria tenure security transitional justice Ukraine UN UNHCR USA World Bank
- 82,517 hits
- Land grabs jeopardize peace in Sri Lanka
- R.I.P. COHRE?
- Guest author directory
- Terra Nullius no more - Australia approaches constitutional recognition of its indigenous population
- Report on property issues and displacement in Libya for UNHCR
- Is the European Commission sweet on land grabbing? Trade benefits, sugarcane concessions and dispossession in Cambodia - UPDATED
- Can you be internally displaced for twenty years? Housing issues and protracted displacement in Azerbaijan