Just a quick note to say I will be giving a talk on the right of restitution in two weeks at the Stockholm Center for International Law and Justice. Any TN readers locally-based or passing through are welcome to join!
A blog on:
-housing, land and property (HLP) issues
-human rights law and humanitarian policy
-transitional justice and rule of law
-early recovery and development
-self-determination and minority rights.
Open and notorious since February 2010.
Suggested citation: Author's Name, "Name of Post", TerraNullius Weblog (posted on [date]), available at [URL], accessed on [date].
Antipodean caveat: The author does not condone imperialist land-grabbing under cover of obscure latin phrases.
- Property issues in Libya: A reminder that the road to sustainable peace still goes via root causes
- Legal precedents for fighting dispossession of land – the Community Land Rights CaseBase
- How quickly a year goes when the international architecture is coming down around your ears
- Article on HLP rights and durable solutions in GPC Digest
- TN mellows out at five
Recent Posts (roll over for more info)
October 2015 S M T W T F S « May 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
Tagsaccess to justice ACHPR adjudication admin Africa agriculture Arab Spring Azerbaijan Bolivia bosnia Brookings Cambodia Chile China climate change coe Colombia compensation croatia customary law Cyprus democracy development DID disaster durable solutions ECHR Egypt EU europe FAO forced evictions forest management gender georgia Haiti hlp housing humanitarian aid humanitarian response human rights IDI IDMC IDPs indigenous groups informal settlements Iraq Israel Kenya kosovo Kyrgyzstan land-grabbing land-rush land disputes land reform land rights Liberia Libya local integration MENA minorities natural resources NRC partition pastoralists peacebuilding Pinheiro Principles protracted displacement reconstruction refugees reparations resettlement restitution return rule of law Russia self-determination Serbia shelter state land Sudan Sweden Syria tenure security transitional justice Ukraine UN UNHCR USA World Bank
- 84,051 hits
- The African Commission "Endorois Case" - Toward a Global Doctrine of Customary Tenure?
- Chris Huggins on the significance of the "Endorois Decision" for Kenya and East Africa
- Mainstreaming IDP principles in capacity building efforts: A chance missed in Kosovo
- The ADB involuntary resettlement policy: Fifteen years on, the poorest still bear the brunt of development
- Iraq updates its approach to former regime-related land and property claims
- Supreme Court of Brazil to rule over Quilombo communities’ rights to land – arguments for a protective approach
- Post-conflict property restitution in Kosovo: A continuing challenge